Monday 19 October 2009

It's all in the name...

It's all in the name - and so it seems...

Camden Council has along standing commitment to the replacement of the single letter black plaques and there is some hearsay that says that they are much appreciated by all and sundry...

However, I was mulling this over and forgive me if I've mentioned this before, but was wondering about where there is a plaque sign and above or near it one of the older painted street name sighs.

They are being allowed to fade away - now I don't doubt that the work needed to restore the painted sign is different from that needed to put up a new plaque is different but to alow these to just slip away into the faded margins of history?

What do fellow readers on the electronic panel think?

I caught this one on Dynham Road, NW6 and thought it was a good example - am also referencing the previously cited Tanza Road http://474towin.blogspot.com/search?q=tanza+road



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think we should try and restore them - at least in areas where they add to the overall character of the area. Not sure I like having both the painted one and the sign - it looks a bit strange, especially when they have slightly different names!