Wednesday 9 December 2009

Countdown to Christmas. Day 9 – The “Club of Scoundrels”

MPs' expenses hit the headlines in April this year. As a liberal, I believe in equality – politics should not be the preserve of the wealthy, but nor should it be a means by which people become wealthy. I firmly believe that the prize associated with becoming MP is the chance to help the area in which I live and to assist the people that I represent; it should be an honour, not a badge of honour.

The expenses system is in dire need of reform. I have made a series of commitments on expenses. You can read them in full here.

In May, I, along-with 57 other Liberal Democrat Parliamentary candidates, wrote an open letter to Michael Martin.
He resigned a couple of days related, but we're not claiming the credit or not for that...

No comments: