Wednesday 28 January 2009

A brief indulgence please....

I try and focus this blog on local historical, architectural and curious features of interest - it's not often I give way to my own very specific preference - besides the genre of the content. :-)

But Louis' cafe - one in Heath Street, Hampstead, and the other on Finchley Road, Swiss Cottage, are great institutions... This is the Hampstead branch.

You haven't been? Get there now!

My other regular haunt is of course the inimitable Wet Fish Cafe on West End Lane - we love it, love it, love it...

http://474towin.blogspot.com/2008/06/wet-fish-cafe-is-just-best.html

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it funny how petty we can be at times?
About 16 years ago I went into the Finchley Road branch of said pattisserie and had something to eat.
When I asked if they had any mustard they brought me some and charged me the equivalent in todays money of 50 pence!
I have never been back since!