Tuesday 11 March 2008

Following the train theme...

Following on the railway theme here is the North London Line looking east:
http://474towin.blogspot.com/2008/03/perspectives-on-railway-line.html

The picture was taken the other day from the top of Weston House on Winchester Avenue, Queen's Park.

I think there has been a significant clearance of trees making this view possible, but it also made me realise just how wide a piece of land was necessary for the rail line to exist at all...

The bridge here is the bridge under Willesden Lane between the junctions with Winchester Avenue and The Avenue.

My grandfather was a major train advocate and indeed train buff... he used to make model steam trains for Walt Disney when at Bassett Lowke workshops and my love of trains and transport modes has, I'm sure, come from him.

No comments: